An industry leader committed to safety and customer service
Oldcastle Materials is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mix concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States.
You already may be familiar with what we do. We’d like to share with you a little about how we do it and who we are.
We are committed to ever-increasing excellence, and we are dedicated to achieving superior results for our stakeholders:
- Employees: Oldcastle Materials is committed to being a great place to work and to attracting and retaining exceptional employees. In every city or town where our businesses operate, we have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers and who are passionate about their work.
- Customers: We deliver quality, service, and value for our customers. This focus on our customers has made Oldcastle Materials companies the materials providers of choice for decades. Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement means that we bring new and better-performing products to market and expand our national footprint to serve more communities.
- Shareholders: To achieve strong financial performance and growth, Oldcastle Materials exercises a careful strategy for acquisitions and market expansion, constantly striving to increase efficiency and retain the entrepreneurial expertise within all the companies in the Oldcastle Materials family. This approach has helped Oldcastle Materials weather economic downturns and remain a sound investment with a bright future.
- Community: We are committed to being a good neighbor in the communities where we operate. When we see a need that we can help to alleviate, we lend a hand. Some of these efforts include Habitat for Humanity builds and the establishment of wildlife habitats on land that we own. Oldcastle Materials also takes an active role in educating young people about our industry and careers and in representing the best interests of our employees and businesses through outreach efforts with elected officials.
In everything we do, Oldcastle Materials operates on a foundation of three guiding values:
- Safety: There is no acceptable goal for safety other than zero — zero fatalities and zero incidents. Safety is our No. 1 value, and it’s taken seriously by every employee, from the CEO to the front line. In the last 10 years, even as our company was experiencing triple-digit growth, we cut our accident frequency rate in half. We’re proud to have one of the best safety records in the industry. We also are committed to the safety of the public, surrounding communities, and visitors to our sites.
- Quality: All facets of our business — products, services, employees and companies — are held to the highest standards of quality. Nothing less is acceptable to our customers or to us, and our long-standing commitment to quality is evident in our leadership position in the industry. Customers recognize quality and return time and again to the companies — like Oldcastle Materials — that provide it.
- Integrity: Oldcastle Materials takes pride in an unflagging dedication to fair, honest dealings with our customers, suppliers, employees, and communities. Ethics are not a luxury; trust is earned, and at Oldcastle Materials ethical behavior is a non-negotiable expectation for all of our companies and employees.
No. 1 Asphalt producer in the United States
No. 3 Aggregates producer in the United States
No. 3 Ready-mix producer in the United States
No. 1 Asphalt paver in the United States